Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Something's already snacking on my garden.

Just yesterday, I was bragging about how much my beans were loving the weather we've been having.

Then, I went to check on my garden yesterday evening. Something ate almost all of my bean plants down to a stem, DANGIT!

I'm not sure if it was a deer or a rabbit. Nothing else was touched. Our neighbor has a couple apple trees, so deer in our yard have never been a problem. But, he recently cut one down and pruned the other way back (I have no idea why???). And, I don't think there are really apples on it yet.

Last year, it was hornworms. This year, deer? It's probably only a matter of time before the rest of my garden ends up a giant salad bar for the local critters. At any rate, I'm going to see if I can find some bean starts tomorrow. And a flat of marigolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment